Vietnamese American Noodles - and a Cabbage Beef side to make it all sing

 These noodles are maybe the best thing I've ever eaten and it's only going to be by sheer willpower that I don't gain 500lbs from eating them. Not my recipe, just linking it here - Vietnamese American Garlic Noodles.

Something that is my recipe is this side (or topper) that I've prepared with it.

Korean Canadian Beef and Cabbage. 

Finely dice approximately 1lb (about half a small cabbage).
Chop one white/yellow onion
Combine the onions and cabbage with about 1tsp of salt in a bowl and set aside for at least 10 mins to soften the cabbage and combine the flavours. 

Slice 1lb of steak into strips (one small package of "stir fry beef" from the grocery store). 

Brown the beef in a hot cast iron skillet. Use about 1tbsp of sesame oil. 

Add the cabbage and onion. Spread about 2tbsp of soy sauce and 1tbsp of chili crunch. Cook until cabbage is soft and onions are clear. 



Comments